We are starting to prepare for the next trip to Ethiopia. These preparations are a little different, I am starting to set aside clothing, toys, books and other things to take to occupy and care for Meron. One of the other items on the list of things to take is a photo album to give to her birth mother. This had a strange feeling attached to it. We went through our family photos deciding what would go in the book to share with Meron's birth mom (this is all we are allowed to give her), a woman who is sharing such a wonderful gift with us. The most precious thing you can give another family...a child. Ethiopia has so much poverty, to be going through photos and putting together a book showcasing our lives for someone who is giving up her daughter felt so strange. I'm sure she will be happy to know that her daughter is going to such a wonderful place, but at the same time I felt bad putting this together for her. I wish there was more we could do.
No comments:
Post a Comment